Finally, I can get back on track. I'm hoping to complete revision work on my latest WIP, titled Blood of His Fathers, by the end of the year.
It's rather premature, but here is one take on Blood of His Fathers, even in its raw stage:
'Blood of His Fathers' is an interesting and successful exercise in the establishment and maintaining of a high level of critical tension while also developing character and situation.
It's not quite what one might expect; it has some elements of the conventional thriller, the structure of a literary novel, and more than a touch of what one must call romance without the negative associations of that word. There is certainly dramatic tension in the story of the McCormacks, their strange background and history, and an interesting consideration of the power of coincidence. The plot is not simple, and is able to present a convincing exploration of motivation. The story, of misguided actions, emotional betrayal, murder and eventual discovery, is complex but nowhere loses its way.
Put very simply, it is a convincing imaginative exploration of the interaction of people and in the plot, the reactions to extreme events. the racist/political (secret cartels) situation is of course topical. Michelle Chambers creates a convincing and believable world, peopled by real characters.
This is a lively readable novel, with a plot that is by no means simple, but is well crafted and does not get too clever and lose its way, the characters are all believable and, in particular, the denouement is strong and effective.
The delineation of character and situation is good; people and places spring from the page with conviction and accuracy, and Chambers' prose is as clear as a windowpane. This is either a thriller concealed inside a literary novel, or a literary novel dressed as a thriller; the reader can decide which.'
Sounds good, huh? Watch this space.
- The Flawed Princess - WIP
- Queen Takes KIng - WIP
- Blood of His Fathers Book 3 - WIP
- Blood of His Fathers Book 2 - WIP
- Hessa's Fire- WIP
- Gabrielle and Gavriil - WIP
- Luna: Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book 3 - February 2018
- Luna: Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book 2 - December 2017
- Treason-Prequel (3rd Edition) - November 2017
- Treason- Book 2 (3rd Edition) - October 2017
- Treason- Book 1 (3rd Edition) - September 2017
- Luna: Frost Moons and Golden Apples Book 1 - July 2017
- The Woman In The Portrait- July 2012
- Treason-previously Ripples in the Water- Amazon Kindle $2.99
- Shakespeare Masquerade July 2011
- Blood of His Fathers Book 1 June 2010
- Through the Garden Gate November 2009
- Fairytale Bride December 2007
- Ripples in the Water April 2007